NARI Milwaukee Foundation, as a nonprofit charitable and educational organization dedicated to the remodeling and home improvement industry, is volunteer lead.
The Board of Directors oversees the activities of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) Milwaukee Foundation, Inc. and is accountable to the State of Wisconsin laws which govern it, the community it serves and NARI Milwaukee, Inc, by which it is the charitable arm. The business affairs and property of the NARI Milwaukee Foundation shall be managed by the Board of Directors, which is elected by NARI Milwaukee, Inc. The board sets the organization direction, ensure necessary resources and provide oversight.
The Board of Directors makes decision on, but not limited to, mission and vision; annual goals/strategic plan; annual budget; policies and bylaws; financial institutions and investment management; general counsel; auditors; establishment of boundaries of work teams and task forces it may recommend.
The Board of Directors monitors financial performance, community needs, partner satisfaction, NARI and industry trends, industry needs, partnership with NARI Milwaukee, performance of all contracted services, work teams and board performance.
- Maintains a membership with NARI Milwaukee for each year of service on the board or commits to an annual $1,000 charitable contribution to the Foundation payable July 1.
- Commits to continuous fundraising through solicitation of raffle and silent auction donations, monetary contributions, sponsorships or participation in Foundation events.
- Ideally candidate has served on at least one nonprofit Board of Directors, committee or task force.
- Ideally candidate has an interest or passion for the construction/remodeling trades, its professionalism, and expanding knowledge, programs and educational opportunities to the community in the trades.
- Commitment to advance the mission and vision of NARI Milwaukee Foundation
- Ability to make the necessary time commitment.
Length of Commitment
The Board of Directors approved by NARI Milwaukee Inc. Board of Directors serve a term of three (3) years (July to June), unless otherwise determined by the Board prior to election. Directors may serve only one (1) term, after which they shall be ineligible to serve on the Board for a minimum of one (1) year.
Approximately 8 hours monthly. The Board meets the first Thursday of the month from 8:30 am to 10:00 am. Materials for the Board meeting are sent out prior to and expected to be reviewed for discussion or general knowledge. Board members are expected to attend at least 75% of the fundraising or community engagement functions/events as scheduled by the Foundation. Solicit for raffle and silent auction donations, monetary contributions, sponsorships or participation in Foundation events.
A full director volunteer position description is available for more information.
If you are interested in becoming a leader of the NARI Milwaukee Foundation, please complete a nomination form and email to email@example.com or mail to NARI Milwaukee Foundation, 11815 West Dearbourn Avenue, Wauwatosa, WI 53226.